My husband removed the seat from the bench, and I laid out my foam on top of it on the floor. I then cut the foam down to size. I bought 2″ thick foam – the cheapest stuff I could find. I wanted it to be thick and cushy, but it didn’t need to be the expensive stuff because I knew it would be covered up.
Then I flipped the foam and seat upside down and took some organic cotton quilter’s batting to cover it up. This stuff was So. Soft.
Seriously. I could rub it on my face all day. Anyway, then I used my mom’s staple gun to staple one side to the underside of the seat.
I kept stapling on all sides, being careful to avoid the parts where the hinges would need to be screwed back on. It is important to keep the fabric taught during this process. If you don’t, you’ll end up with lumps and bumps. Then I trimmed off the extra. Here’s what it looked like after this step.
This is seriously such an easy project. I’d love to see what you’ve been upholstering lately! Send me a link in a comment!
Thanks for reading!