I am so excited to start renovating our dining room! We won’t be doing any major construction during this project, just tweaking what we already have and purchasing a few things to make the room fantastic. 🙂 I’ve spent hours looking for the color scheme, items we want, and step-by-step plan to making this happen.
Here’s what the plan is:
- Repainting our existing dining room table & chairs to a nice espresso brown
- Paint our china hutch & buffet to match the color scheme (color of the table in the middle of the picture above)
- Expand our seating to 6 by using a storage ottoman bench
- Change out our industrial-looking lighting fixture for a more sleek pendant light fixture
- Hang some curtains on our huge window to soften it up
- Find a thrift store bookshelf/side table to house the cookbooks & picnic caddy
- Add a rug under the table, some art on the wall, and some accessories to pull the look together
I put together a budget, and since we already have a dining set, china hutch, and buffet, we might actually be able to make this happen. I am so excited to start on my first real attempt at DIY renovating.